Herman Miller Medical Storage Carts
Herman Miller Medical Storage Carts is a case goods furniture manufacturer that focuses on office furnishings. They also offer a small line of medical carts as part of their furniture offering, targeting office furnishings for a new hospital build or renovation project. Medical carts are just a small portion of their business, unlike Waterloo who solely focuses on building procedure carts for the medical industry.
Typically Herman Miller is not sold through large medical distributors, but they do have close relationships with equipment planners and get specified as a result of this relationship.
Herman Miller carts are constructed of a Polystyrene-Covered Steel Framework. Due to this construction they tend to be heavier than more conventional steel or aluminum carts. Other disadvantages to Herman Miller medical carts include:
- Herman Miller carts do NOT include side shelves
- Herman Miller carts do not offer a “Transport Lock” for their emergency carts.
- Our transport lock ensures drawers stay closed during rapid transit.
- Herman Miller carts do not come with auto-closing drawer glides
- Herman Miller carts do not include metal drawer dividers
Waterloo medical carts provide all of these features and more. Standard features that are included on all Waterloo carts:
- Self-closing ball bearing slides with 48 ball bearings per slide provide easy access
- Stabilizing base that provides a wider more stable platform and is scuff resistant
- Removable plastic top
- Unicart construction provides a fully welded unibody frame with unsurpassed durability
- Durable powder-coated surfaces look great while also protecting your cart – drawer fronts available in 16 different colors
- Ergonomic push handles that naturally fit in the palm of your hand and provide better control than traditional horizontal push handles
- Custom drawer configurations with your choice of 3”, 6”, 9” and 12” drawers.
- Fully assembled at the factory so your cart arrives ready to roll out of the box! The only thing you need to attach are the push handles, which we include the wrench for.
Unlike Waterloo Healthcare, Herman Miller does not offer a malignant hyperthermia cart, phlebotomy carts or medication carts. Our product line also includes crash carts, isolation carts, anesthesia carts, bedside carts and specialty treatment carts. If you don’t see the cart that’s right for you our team if always available to help you design a cart to fit your needs. As requirements for security and the need for rapid access to critical supplies change we are poised and ready to create a purpose built cart for you. Without the distraction of other unrelated product lines we have been able to accomplish this goal for well over 50 years.